GreaterPlaces for Sustainable, Smart Community Design
I am looking for 10-15 volunteers to test an interactive platform for connecting people seeking information with those doing the work. Imagine a "concierge planning" resource where you ask questions to get connected to experts and innovators, and get content relevant to your work.
How it Works
- Send Lisa an email to express interest. I am seeking professionals in the public sector first.
- List 1-2 things you are looking for right now on urban planning trends (examples of shared-use policies, images of complete streets, etc...).
- I'll seek out practitioners who are doing the work through GreaterPlaces' network and forward you their work and a contact.
- Starting in December, you'll get a bi-weekly newsletter that covers results of what people are looking for (and what we found), as well as top stories in planning and what it means for your job. You'll also get a tickler reminding you to ask questions.
Note - This is an experiment, so you might not immediately get answers to questions. As for trends, the hottest topics right now are resilience, new mobility, smart cities, Complete Streets, and how to build walkable communities.
GreaterPlaces is your virtual planning assistant for creating great places, cities & towns:
- All aspects of city/town design under one "digital roof"
- The information you need on fast-moving technology and trends to stay ahead in a monthly newsletter
- Connections with civic innovators: planners, engineers, architects, elected officials, and more
- Tools to better organize, visualize & share ideas with clients & the community
- For professionals, a powerful new marketing tool to get in front of clients
WIth access to the latest and best information, our consulting can help you get ahead of the future. Lisa Nisenson has nearly 20 years of experience in community planning, policy and design. Contact Lisa if you need:
- Workshops & Trainings on Smart City & Mobility technology
- A teaming partner to help with developing work plans, stakeholder identification & outreach, policy audits and recommendations for plan/policy updates
- A certified woman-owned business as team member